2010/01/21

Celebrating King Day, life, etc...let's keep talking to each other people!

How's everyone out there?

How was your Dr. King day? I had an awesome time, really!
Oh, let me tell you!

First, I made info fliers about MLK that talked about his messages on class, war, and poverty, and put those up for people to see around the house.

Meanwhile, someone had made a cake and it was still good...mmmm, let's get back to that later.

So, we had fliers up, where to go from there? Well, I had put together a scavenger hunt, but that didn't work out. Still, I trudged on. There was a nice celebration at the state capitol where choirs and a jazz band performed, and service awards were given out. It was fun to see, and to meet other people from around the area there. I hope y'all had the opportunity to be able to relax and have a good day on Monday, and heck everyday really.

Beyond that, I've been having an odd week, thanks for asking. I'm going to be in California for NASCO Education Board, on February 5th, as People of Color Caucus chair, and I'm unnecessarily nervous about it. I've never been to California, I've never been to NASCO Board, and we as a caucus have yet to really have the open and extensive dialogue and discussion and planning I've been hoping we'd have. I guess that's a good point to mention: we need to start getting a conversation going and that means if people are willing to say something, please do.

This is a call to people reading this blog and your friends to bring them aboard, have them write articles, post comments, rate entries and all that stuff. I'm going to make this blog open to search engines, as well, to help promote it, but that still asks for ya'll to bring your own voices forward if you have something burning in your mind or on the tip of your tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment